Article provided by: Fine Paints of Europe
Are you interested in deck paint ideas? Our team at Fine Paints of Europe are knowledgeable regarding painting ideas for decks. We can provide you with in depth information about paint types and colors. Our team can guide you through the entire process of painting your deck while suggesting fine paint colors for ideas. We have been dealing in fine paints for roughly twenty seven years. Let us put our expertise to work for you.
Tips for Upgrading your Deck
Upgrading your deck can make your backyard look more appealing. Repainting your deck exterior can bring new life to an old space. Slapping on a coat of plain old brown is not going to add to the appeal of your outdoor area. The following are a few things to consider before painting your deck.
- Plan your Budget Beforehand – Before settling on a color of paint for your deck, you need to be sure how much you can afford to spend. Keep in mind that one gallon of quality paint will cover approximately four hundred square feet. Add in a ten percent waste amount.
- Only use Deck Paint – Paint is specified for certain projects. Regular paint has the potential to trap water on the wood, which can lead to rotting. Deck paint allows moisture to escape instead of trapping it on the wood. Deck paint is also formulated to help protect against weather elements and high traffic.
- Seal Pool Decks before Painting – Since pool decks are often wet, it is best to seal them before you begin the painting process to help protect against rot. Using a paint color that is textured on pool decks can help improve the overall safety of the area.
- Repair Damaged Boards – Make all repairs before you start painting your deck.
Top Deck Paint Ideas
- Textured paint is not just helpful in preventing falls on a pool deck. They are also very easy on the eyes. Textured paint colors are plentiful to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that matches the outdoor décor of your home.
- Solid dark colors of deck paint are great when attempting to create a neutral look. Anyone upgrading their deck pending the sale of their home should definitely consider solid dark colors that match the outdoor décor.
- Striped deck patterns in matching neutral tones is a great way to upgrade your deck and add a splash of personality. Chunky vertical stripes of two toned deck paint have the ability to bring a bit of color to your outside area.
- Painting geometric shapes in a different color than your deck is a small paint upgrade that is affordable and eye catching.
- Get abstract by painting designs in an array of colors on your deck.
If you are hoping to learn more deck paint ideas or have questions about fine paint, our team at Fine Paints of Europe are available to lend our expertise. Get in contact with us today to learn more information about deck paint and deck upgrades that could benefit your home.